Based in New York, NY
With Ayo the Clown, we’d like to reintroduce you to the incredibly fun platformer games of the ‘90s where platforming is accompanied by an inspiring and memorable story. Ayo the clown has a very unique and cute art style that everybody loves. Expect the unexpected as this clown takes you through a world of imagination. In Ayo’s hometown, things are generally peaceful. He juggles in the park with his talented circus dog, Bo, hangs out at the carnival, and longs after the shoemaker’s daughter. Until one day, his dog goes missing! You play as Ayo, your not-so-average clown embarking on an epic journey in search of his missing (or perhaps ran away, or kidnapped?!) best friend and beloved dog, named Bo. What happened to Bo? Will they ever juggle together at the park again? Or put together a legit circus act? You’ll find out along this incredible adventure as you struggle to reunite clown and dog. Like all good adventures, you won’t be all on your own. Ayo’s world is full of friendly people and interesting creatures that are willing to lend a helping hand.
Ayo the Clown has been merely an idea from three years ago if not for all the hardwork that Xiu had put in to make it into a reality. Originally made for Mobile but we realize that we really wanted a full featured action platformer that we all loved and grew up with. We here at Cloud M1 all have a lot of appreciation and admiration for the developers of the old, who did so much with so little. It's also how we realized how important that every small detail is very important to the whole game. We had spent countless hours just on how Ayo moves based on player input just to get the right feel. The look of the game as well, we wanted it to be pleasant yet unique. Being an indie studio and developing the entire game inhouse has been a long and tiresome journey, but we had finally decided to showcase our progress to the world. We hope the players enjoy this game as much as we do.
- Unique Platforms- The most important part of any platform game, each stage has a unique theme and interesting platforms to ensure gaming is fun and not repetitive. Ayo is not the kind of clown to make the same old jokes over and over again. His jokes get better each time.
- Huge Bosses and loads of enemies- Take on bosses bigger than life itself and prove that clowns are much tougher than they seem. Don’t be fooled by Ayo’s handsome look!
- Arsenals- Tank, helicopter, toy hammer, balloon sword, water balloon, you name it. They can break open hidden places and extinguish fire...etc.
- Skills- head stomp, wall jump, slope slide, and many more~
- Side Quests- Plenty of side quests you can take on in Town or along the journey, be prepared for surprising rewards. Rubber Chicken anyone?
- Collectibles- Can you find and collect all the hidden items throughout the game? Rubber chicken and fart bag anyone?
Alpha gameplay footage, final version may change YouTube
Water Stage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of the Best Art Direction Crystal Award at the Gameacon Expo in Atlantic City, NJ." Gameacon, 29 October, 2016
- "Nominated for Best PC/Console Game at the Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards in NYC." Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards, 15 December, 2016
- "Nominated for Best Style at the Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards in NYC." Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards, 15 December, 2016
Cloud M1 News Blog
All the game updates are here. cloudm1.com.
About Cloud M1
We develop fun, beautiful games!
More information on Cloud M1, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ayo the Clown Credits
Xiu Sheng (Sam) Liang
Director, 3D Artist
Jwun-Da (JD) Lu
Yeonjae Jane Lee
2D Artist, Contractor
2D Artist, Contractor
Music Composer/Sound Effects, Contractor