Based in New York, NY
Ayo the Clown is a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer reminiscent of genre favorites like Mario and Donkey Kong. What sets Ayo the Clown apart from traditional platformers is its sense of adventure, light puzzle facets, and RPG elements.Like the Legend of Zelda series, Ayo’s potential isn’t realized at the game’s offset. You will collect skill upgrades and extra hearts that add to your overall life as you progress through this lush world.
Ayo the Clown has been merely an idea from three years ago if not for all the hardwork that Xiu had put in to make it into a reality. Originally made for Mobile but we realize that we really wanted a full featured action platformer that we all loved and grew up with. We here at Cloud M1 all have a lot of appreciation and admiration for the developers of the old, who did so much with so little. It's also how we realized how important that every small detail is very important to the whole game. We had spent countless hours just on how Ayo moves based on player input just to get the right feel. The look of the game as well, we wanted it to be pleasant yet unique. Being an indie studio and developing the entire game inhouse has been a long and tiresome journey but we had finally decided to showcase our progress in the world. We hope the players enjoy this game as much as we do.
- An action platformer that is suitable for all ages.
- Unique art style with colorful graphics and detailed animation.
- Original soundtrack composed just for the game.
- Challenging but fun platforming for both casual and hardcore action platformer fans.
- Original comic book made just for this game.
- Interesting puzzles throughout the game.
- An intimate story where Ayo finding his courage and trying to rescue his best friend.
- Featuring many quirky and fun characters with their own unique personalities.
Alpha gameplay footage, final version may change YouTube
Demo gameplay video YouTube
Early town hub video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of the Best Art Direction Crystal Award at the Gameacon Expo in Atlantic City, NJ." Gameacon, 29 October, 2016
- "Nominated for Best PC/Console Game at the Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards in NYC." Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards, 15 December, 2016
- "Nominated for Best Style at the Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards in NYC." Playcrafting '16 Bit Awards, 15 December, 2016
Cloud M1 News Blog
All the game updates are here. cloudm1.com.
About Cloud M1
We develop fun, beautiful games!
More information on Cloud M1, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ayo the Clown Credits
Xiu Sheng (Sam) Liang
Director, 3D Artist
Jwun-Da (JD) Lu
2D Artist, Contractor
Music Composer/Sound Effects, Contractor